The air is getting a little brisk and the leaves are starting to fall which means it’s back to school time!
The kiddies and Teens are heading back to school and parents are in need of purchasing school supplies for their kid(s), as well as clothes.
When shopping this year for back to school products, here are some quick n’ easy tips to keep your kids and you on the green band wagon!
- Purchase Notebooks that are made of 100% recycled paper, and eco-friendly stationary that is made of plant based plastic.
- If your child is in need of utensils, pack a reusable set from home, or if necessary, purchase bamboo utensil sets.
- Find a way to have a litter free lunch. One way to do this is to avoid the small individually packaged food items, and opt to buy bigger amounts that you can prepare and package in reusable containers.
- When clothes shopping, purchase clothes that have some stretch to them. The worst is when you child or teen grows right after you have gone on a shopping excursion to purchase the necessary pieces.
- Avoid unnecessary purchases, or impulse buys when out with your kids. Chances are they won’t wear the item for more than a couple of times. If your child really wants the clothing item, wait and come back next week to see if the passion has worn off or not for that particular item.
Have fun shopping and remember to eat before you go out to shop. You’ll be satisfied and not be as likely to make impulse purchases!