Last night, we had the pleasure of hosting a lecture by Dr. Erika Enos, N.D.
She explained importance of treating the root cause of illness, instead of just the symptoms. Just like the roots of a tree, the most important part of our health often lies beneath the surface. You can paint the leaves green, but that won’t make the trees healthy!
With the advent of winter and cold season, Dr. Enos’ was kind enough to share her home remedy for the common cold cure as well as when to know that it’s time to get professional help.
Cold Cure Treatments
- ½ gram every couple of hours at first onset.
- When dose begins affecting the bowels, reduce to every 3 hours.
- Continue through illness
Ferrum Phosphoricum 6X:
- Uriel offers a powder
- 1/32 tsp for babies 6 months to 2 years
- 1/16 for 2-7 years
- 1/8 tsp for older children and adults. Repeat 3-4 times per day. Best at very first onset.
- The salt form is available at health food stores.
- Dose at 3-5 tabs dissolved under the tongue.
- Repeat 3-4 times per day. Best at very first onset.
When to get help:
- Persistent high fever (above 104)
- Very severe sore throat
- Ear pain or ear tugging in babies
- In babies < 3 months old
- Prolonged cold (more than 7-9 days) that is unresponsive to treatment
Stay tuned for more of Dr. Enos’ home remedies, as well as her responses to our questions!
Do you have any questions about Natural Medicine? Now’s the chance to get an answer from a professional!