At Essentia, mattress care is at the top of our Spring Cleaning list! We spent a lot of time detailing the best way to keep your mattress fresh and clean in this post in our learn center. However, keeping your entire home clean is important as well for overall health and wellness so here are more helpful tips to jumpstart your Spring Cleaning!
- For our friends up north, after a long winter your comforters, blankets, and pillows should be aired out. Simply take them all outside and use a clothesline to hang them up for a day or use the air dry function of your dryer to give them a revamp. Remember you want to minimize your exposure to potential allergens from dust mites that may be living in your comforter.
- Declutter! To achieve an ideal sleep environment, take some time to rid your room of clutter. The excess mess in your sleeping space can cause you to toss and turn throughout the night.
- Air out your room by opening up windows and doors and allowing the fresh spring air inside. Clearing out any musty air will help breathe new life into your space! And when spring cleaning don’t forget to reach for healthier cleaning alternatives so you don’t compromise your home’s indoor air quality.
- Don’t forget to clean both your windows and window treatments. Your windows can be cleaned with soapy water and a towel, whereas your treatments and window sills should be wiped down and cleaned with a duster or dry rag.
- If you haven’t already, invest in a mattress that doesn’t create a nesting ground for dust mites like an Essentia! Essentia products are impervious to dust mites as reported by Dr. Robert G. Hamilton of Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. This ensures you aren’t exposed to allergens year round and will cut down on the tasks you have to do when spring cleaning.
General House Cleaning:
- Clean your refrigerator with a combination of salt and soda water for optimal cleaning power.
- If your faucet has lime buildup, try soaking a paper towel in vinegar and laying it over the faucet. After an hour, the deposits will be much simpler to clean!
- Diffuse essential oils to help deodorize and energize your cleaning! Try tea tree, lemongrass and orange essential oils to purify and freshen the air.