I have been searching around for gifts to get my 9 year old son this year, and it hasn’t been easy. He has pretty much all he could want, and he is the only kid I have ever met that is just as happy with getting clothes as he would be with his own race car.
So what do you get a boy who can have fun singing to himself in the dark? Here’s my list, and if you find yourself in a similar situation, I hope it helps.
1) Spy Net Watch
– This watch looks awesome! I remember having a spy kit when I was a kid, and it was one of the best toys I ever had. If my son could get 1/10th the enjoyment out of this watch that I got out of my spy kit, it is more than worth the $50.00.
2) Wowee Paper Jamz
– Wowee Paper Jamz is the coolest and most economical guitar you have ever seen. These have been out for a couple of years, but they are constantly making new styles with new music. Just make sure you are happy with the songs that are on there, because your child will be playing them 10 million times in a row.
3) Coby MP3 Player
– This looks like a pretty cool mp3 player. I read some reviews that this little device can take a beating, and still keep spewing the tunes. Can you say necessary feature?
4) Maxell Safe Soudz Headphones
– If you go with the mp3 player, you gotta get some rockin headphones to go with it. These are cool because they won’t go above 95bd.. This way they don’t damage their hearing, and you don’t have to jam anything in your ear while listening to Dragon Force
for the millionth time in row.
5) Air Hogs Yellow Fly Crane
– I have to admit, this one is as much for my son as it is for me. This little thing looks as cool as cool gets. I always remember making model planes with my dad, and that was fun and all, but we never got to fly them into stuff. So this is going to be a blast! Maybe we should get helmets too?
Of course, your child also has some sort of game system that needs a new game. I selected the most child friendly, yet still cool games I could find. One game for each system in my house…. I told you he has everything…
6) Need for Speed Pro Street for Nintendo Wii
– I was always the type who bought a game so I could beat it, and then buy another. My son likes to get car games so he can build nice cars, and then freeze frame them before and after they crash. Did I mention he is special?
8) Sonic Generations for Xbox 360
– This looks like a super awesome game and is rated really well. Keep in mind I couldn’t find it anywhere else reputable for under $50, so this is a great price.
9) NBA 2k11 for PS3
– We have 2k10 at the moment, so it is about time to get going to 2k11. I am not a fan of paying 60 bucks for the latest sports games. I always like to stay one year behind and pay 80% less.
If you have any other gifts that should be on the list please leave comments before I spend all my mulah!